Thursday 18 July 2013

First post - Foundation


It only seems fitting that my first post is what I would consider to be the most important part of my makeup. I doubt for long though as I'm nearing payday and I've had my eyes of the SmashBox primer for a while now. But I don't see myself changing foundation for a while, The Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation is the best foundation I've found in a long time. I'd heard a lot of bloggers say that it's a cheaper duplicate for the Estee Lauder Double Wear - Stay In Place. Now sadly I cannot comment on the similarity as I've only swatched the Estee Lauder foundation, as I always struggle to justify spending anything above £15 on foundation. However I cannot sing the Wake Me Up Foundation praises more, everything from the texture to the dewy glow it leaves on the skin. I know at first when I swatched it in the shop the glitter was an instant put off but after walking around for a while in it and some reassurance from my boyfriend I purchased it and though I hate to admit it I quite like the tinges of glitter that my cheeks have when it hits the light. Although I found no problem finding a tone to match my skin (ivory) I am aware there is limited range in this particular foundation. I would recommend going a shade up from what you normally are because the application is thin even if you do apply several layers. Now just to sum this lengthy first post up, this is the third foundation brush I had, my first two were MAC but in fairness in my youth I did not appreciate them like I would do now, even so I find MAC brushes almost absorb the foundation before you get a chance to apply it, I am convinced I've found the perfect foundation brush and its Topshop! At £8 I cannot rave more about this brush, the only problem I find with is it is the staining but maybe that's my fault for not cleaning it as often as I should!

Thank you for reading my first post, apologies for the crappy quality picture that's an Instagram photo for you. If you have any questions;

Twitter: @rachaelwillmott
Instagram: rachaelwillmott

No comments:

Post a Comment